Syncing Apple Health data to your Second Nature account
If you track your steps, weight or sleep data using Apple Health, you can sync the data to your Second Nature account to track your progress.
To sync Apple Health to your Second Nature account, please follow the instructions below:
- Open the Second Nature app
- Select 'Go to profile' in the top righthand corner of the 'Home' page
- Select 'Settings' in the top right-hand corner
- Scroll down to the 'Tracking' heading
- Select 'Connect to Apple Health'
- You'll then be prompted to toggle on 'Sleep Analysis', 'Steps' and 'Weight'. Toggle on the data sets you'd like to sync with your Second Nature account.
To ensure data sharing is activated between Second Nature and Apple Health from within the Apple Health app, please follow the instructions below:
- Open the Apple Health app
- Select the profile avatar in the top right-hand corner
- Scroll down to 'Privacy' and select 'Apps'
- Select 'Second Nature' and toggle on the data sets you'd like synced with your Second Nature account. You can sync 'Sleep Analysis', 'Steps' and 'Weight'.
Your Second Nature account will then draw steps, weight and sleep data from Apple Health. This data will appear under the 'Track' section of the Second Nature app.
Disconnecting Apple Health from the Second Nature app
If you prefer to manually add your step count and weight readings, you can ensure Apple Health is disconnected from Second Nature by following the above steps and toggling off 'Sleep Analysis', 'Steps' and 'Weight'.
Note: If you're on the NHS referral programme, your account will be set to draw steps data from an activity tracker rather than your phone. Please contact Customer Support to set your account to draw steps data from Apple Health.
To contact Customer Support:
- Select the 'Chat' icon from the bottom toolbar in-app
- Scroll to the bottom and select 'Speak to Customer Support'
* The activity tracker is no longer available as part of the Second Nature programme. For those who received an activity tracker in the past, this will continue to work as usual with your Second Nature account.