Linking Google Fit and the Second Nature app
If you would like to use Google Fit to count your steps or track your weight, this data can also be linked to the Second Nature app.
Note: If you're on the tech-programme, your account is set to use the steps coming from your activity tracker. To change this, your account settings will first need to be updated. Please contact Customer Support via the app ('Chat' >> 'Speak to Customer Support') and our support team can do this for you.
To make sure Google Fit is linked to the Second Nature app, please follow these steps:
- Select 'Go to profile' in the top righthand corner of the 'Home' page in the Second Nature app
- Select 'Settings' in the top righthand corner
- Scroll down to the 'Tracking' heading
- Select 'Connect to Google Fit'
- Choose the correct Google account if necessary
You will be prompted to allow the Second Nature app to access Google Fit's data:
- Select 'Allow'
Your account will then be linked to Google Fit and your step counts and weight readings will automatically be transmitted and appear under the 'Track' section of the Second Nature app.
You can check the status of your Google Fit connection by clicking on 'Connect to Google Fit' . Status will be set to 'Connected' if the apps are successfully linked, as below.
Unlinking Google Fit from the Second Nature app
If you prefer to manually add your step count and weight readings into the Second Nature app, you can also make sure that Google Fit does not transmit any information to the Second Nature app:
- Go to your Google Fit account
- Select 'Profile'
- Select the 'Settings' wheel icon on the top right
- Select 'Manage connected apps'
- Select 'Second Nature'
- Select 'Disconnect'