The Meal Planner tool helps keep your nutrition on track by ensuring you have healthy meal options ready to go throughout the week.
The Meal planner will auto-generate a meal plan for you when you first begin the Second Nature programme. The auto-generation tool doesn't yet take into account dietary preferences, but this feature is being built into the app and will be available soon.
You'll be able to edit your meal plan to suit your preferences by tapping a recipe in the meal plan that you'd like to replace, and adding a Second Nature recipe, or a recipe of your own.
This article will cover:
- Accessing your Meal planner from the 'Home' page
- Editing your meal plan
- Creating a new meal plan
- Deleting a meal from your Meal planner
- App-generated meal plans
- Printing your meal plan
- Sharing your meal plan
Accessing your Meal planner from the 'Home' page
To access your Meal planner from your 'Home' page, select 'View full meal plan' to the right of 'Today's meal plan':
This will display your current week's meal plan.
Editing your meal plan
To edit your auto-generated meal plan, please follow the instructions below:
- Open your meal plan from your 'Home' page following the instructions above, and skip to step 4 below. OR select the 'Toolbox' icon from the bottom toolbar in-app
- Scroll down to select the 'Meal planner' tool
- Select the current week's meal plan
- Tap on any recipe you'd like to change
- Select the red 'Remove from meal plan' button
- Tap on the grey square for the particular day and meal you'd like to replace, and select 'Add a Second Nature recipe', 'Add your own recipe' or 'Add from my history'
Any of your own added recipes will be stored for future use under 'Add from my history'.
Creating a new meal plan
To create a new meal plan, please follow the instructions below:
- Select the "Toolbox" icon from the bottom toolbar in-app
- Scroll down and select the 'Meal planner' tool
- Select "Start a new meal plan"
- Select the week for which you'd like to create the meal plan and press "Confirm"
- Select the grey square where you'd like to add your first meal (you can choose a meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner each day)
- Choose to "Add a Second Nature recipe", "Add your own recipe" or "Add from my history"
- If you choose to add a recipe from the Second Nature recipes, you'll be taken to the Recipes catalog where you can search for your preferred recipe. Once you've found your desired recipe, tap the blue '+' sign in the top right-hand corner and the recipe will be added to your week's meal plan.
- To add your own recipe, you'll create a meal name, add a picture if you like, and signify the number of complex carb portions per serving. Select "Save to meal plan" at the bottom of the screen, and the meal will be added to your Meal planner.
- Once you've added your own recipe to the meal planner, it will save in your 'Meal history' for future use.
Deleting a meal from your meal planner
To remove a meal from your meal planner:
- Tap the recipe you wish to remove from your week's meal plan
- Tap the red "Remove from meal plan" button at the bottom of the screen
App-generated meal plans
If you'd prefer Second Nature create a meal plan for you, tap the "Plan my week" button at the top of the Meal planner screen, just below the week's date range.
This will generate a week's meal plan for you. If you don't like the meal plan created, you can tap "Re-plan my week" at the top of the screen and a fresh meal plan will generate.
If there are any meals you don't like/can't have, here's how you can amend the auto-generated plans:
- Tap the meal you'd like to remove
- Select the red 'Remove from meal plan' button at the bottom of the screen
- Return to the meal plan and tap the empty gray square
- Choose 'Add a Second Nature recipe', 'Add your own recipe' or 'Add from my history'
- Save your chosen recipe to your meal plan
If you've created a meal plan, but have a few meals left that you haven't filled in, you can tap 'Plan my week' and 'Fill in missing meals'. The app will fill all empty gray squares with Second Nature recipes to complete your week's plan.
Printing your meal plan
To print your meal plan, select the 'Print' button at the top of the meal planner screen just below the date range.
Sharing your meal plan
To share your meal plan, select the 'Share' button at the top of the meal planner screen just below the date range.
If you have any questions about Meal planner use, please contact Customer Support by following the instructions below:
- Tap the 'Chat' icon from the bottom toolbar in-app
- Scroll to the bottom and select 'Speak to Customer Support'